Welcome to World of Warcraft Answers! Edit
Welcome to World of Warcraft Answers, Fandyllic. Thanks for contributing! I hope you join in and ask or answer some more questions. You can find the new questions on the ActivityFeed page. Why not edit your profile and tell us more about yourself? If you need any help, have a look at Help:Wikianswers. -- Wagnike2 (Talk) 21:54, May 24, 2010
Template problem Edit
Thanks for your help! Edit
I'm actually glad you decided to adopt this wiki. The questions kept growing, and my time got shorter. Now that I have some help, I can finally do stuff with the wiki!--Darkpsy 13:01, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
Site Notice Edit
Would it be possible to see what you can come up with for a site notice? I tried using MediaWiki:Sitenotice, but apparently it doesn't work on Answers sites.--Darkpsy 16:56, June 10, 2010 (UTC)
- Probably better just to use Special:Contact than try to make it work with the nasty sub answers skin, but I'll look into it. -- (talk · contr) 11:07 AM PST 10 Jun 2010
- I contacted Wikia and sitenotice officially does not work on Answers skins and they have no plans to make it work or something like it. How nice. -- (talk · contr) 7:01 PM PST 20 Jul 2010
Answers box Edit
Does wikia not use the answers boxes any more? I didn't see them when logged in anyway, but I just logged out and can't find it on WoWWiki or other wikias.
That might explain the fact that very few new questions are being added at the moment (2 per day or something like that).
So are we gonna only get an influx of new questions whenever they transfer all the wow-category questions from the wikianswers main site? i.e. 2000 questions all at once, then nothing for months? --Grynd (talk) 07:18, September 11, 2010 (UTC)
- I would use Special:Contact to ask about answers widgets. I think they're phasing out most widgets for new skin.
- Are there a bunch of unanswered WoW questions at main WikiAnswers? If so, I must not look in the right category. I don't see any. An influx of answered questions won't be that big a deal. I copied many of the link templates from main Answers to here, so they should work the same. -- (talk · contr) 8:10 AM PST 11 Sep 2010
- No I'm sure there aren't that many :P (not categorised ones, anyways). I sent a message through the contact link anyway, thanks for that. At least not having new questions for a while will give a chance to answer some old ones... (even though they're so old the asker has either forgotten about them or doesn't care about the answer any more) --Grynd (talk) 10:55, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
- I wonder how many people actually check to see if their questions are answered. -- (talk · contr) 9:04 AM PST 12 Sep 2010
- Who knows... I'd guess 1% or less (considering how many questions come from unregistered users). The good thing about that is, next time somebody answers the same question via a search engine, the old question will be found and give them an instant answer =) e.g. Googling "How do I max out my DPS" gives this as the 3rd result. --Grynd (talk) 12:47, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
WoWwiki templates Edit
There is one thing I would like to run past you, didn't want to just go ahead and change it since it's potentially a controversial issue. There are talks on Wowwiki about moving to a new domain, how do feel about the templates pointing to the new site (when it's up)?
Also, there is a bit of an issue with spam questions. Is it right to protect the pages after the question has been asked (and deleted) before? Questions with wording like this and this keep coming back. --Grynd (talk) 02:26, October 19, 2010 (UTC)
- I'm perfectly fine with pointing to where-ever WoWWiki goes. Also, you can try and protect questions that get recreated to prevent them from getting recreated. Otherwise just tag them for deletion. I'll start doing more house-cleaning. -- (talk · contr) 7:51 PM PST 18 Oct 2010
New Wikia Look Edit
I see the new Wikia look has been implemented for not-logged-in users on answers wikis too. The colour scheme doesn't seem to be working well with the new look (I got a headache after about 30 secs and tags are impossible to read), is there anything you can do? :) --Grynd (talk) 08:46, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Also, after switching to view in the new skin, I tried to put it back to the old skin. It seems I can't revert that change, I'm stuck with the headache skin now. I guess it's intentional? :S --Grynd (talk) 08:56, November 16, 2010 (UTC)
Any idea... Edit
... why user pages look like this? I assumed it was something to do with transition to the 'new wikia look', but user pages on other answer sites don't seem to be broken. A problem with the site layout? --Grynd (talk) 06:03, January 26, 2011 (UTC)
WW template Edit
- I could not disagree more. I have yet to see a wowwiki page that looks better, more detailed or more up-to-date than a wowpedia one.
- The whole purpose of an answers wiki is to help people find out what they want to know. I can't in my right mind answer a question with one link, when another link would be better... --Grynd (talk) 20:25, March 10, 2011 (UTC)
I'm back! and I have a question. Edit
Hey Fandyllic! How have you been? Its been a long time. Too long, in fact. I've finally found a lot of free time, and plan to be spending it on WoWWiki and WoWAnswers. Now for my question: Since WoWWiki and WoWAnswers are sort of affiliated, would it be possible for me to become an admin on WoWWiki? Nothing too excessive (like Bureaucrat), but perhaps a normal Sysop?
Thanks! Darkpsy 14:01, May 7, 2011 (UTC)
Excessive Spam Edit
Is it possible to block any questions starting with 'Refer to the exhibit', or block specific words such as router & routing? These spam questions keep popping back up, and there are hundreds of them. --Grynd (talk) 14:16, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
Things to do Edit
Hi! I recently found this site and I've been having a good time answering questions (Great way to get my mind off of my tech support job, lol) and was just wondering whats a way to get more involved? I've got a lot of time on my hands at work, so would love to have something else WoW related to do while I'm at work and can't play.