It's your brand new project, so it needs a lot of love. Here are five tips to make your Q+A site great.
- It's all yours right now -- enjoy it! Once your site takes off, lots of people will read what you write. Right now, nobody's looking over your shoulder yet, so feel free to try things out and make mistakes.
- Add lots of questions! The hardest thing about writing is looking at a blank page and not knowing where to start. It's a lot easier once you write down your first couple questions and the site starts to look "full". So take a deep breath, and jump in -- make ten question questions, one right after another. Once you've started, you can answer the questions slowly, adding a little bit at a time.
- Organize your Q+A site! You can add categories to organize your questions, use the "Add Category" button on any question page to start a new category.
- Create a few links to your site! To get Google to know you're out there, link to your Q+A site from your myspace page, your blog or twitter account, or any discussion boards you're active on. It's important to let the search engines know you're ready for passionate people with questions to come visit.
- When you're ready -- tell your friends! Once you've started a bunch of pages, linked them together with categories and added some pictures, you'll be ready to start showing off your new baby to the world. You probably know people who are interested in the same thing that you are, so tell your friends to check out your new site. Those are your first readers and potential contributors, so give them lots of encouragement. If you get stuck, write to us through our contact form -- we're happy to help!
Have fun!-- sannse
5000 new questions!Edit
Hello Darkpsy. To help this wiki to grow, I have copied over almost 5000 questions from the main Wikianswers site. The Wikianswers widget on WoWWiki now points here so you should find a lot of new questions coming in too. The questions in Wikianswers:Category:World of Warcraft will be redirected to this wiki later this week. Please let me know on my talk page if you have any questions about this. Angela (talk) 04:13, March 30, 2010 (UTC)
Suggested new wiki logo Edit
What do you think of this:
I tried to make it as close to the WoWWiki original stamp style as possible.
- I moved the logo uploaded by Wagnike2 to File:Wow_answers_original_logo.png and uploaded File:WoWAnswers_Wiki_logo.png over Wiki.png. I hope you don't mind. -- (talk · contr) 1:58 PM PST 1 Jun 2010
Good to see you back Edit
Becoming and admin at WoWWiki Edit
I'm not sure I would make you an admin at WoWWiki just because you founded WoW Answers. You would have to demonstrate at least a few good edits and new pages at WoWWiki. It would also help if you knew a specific area of WoW knowledge that you could be an expert on at WoWWiki and maybe make sure pages in that area were kept up-to-date.
You might want to leave a message with each of the other admins asking them if it's okay that you be made an admin there. If all the other admins are okay with it, I wouldn't make you meet any other specific criteria. -- (talk · contr) 7 May 2011 9:24 AM Pacific
Thanks for continuing to work on this answers wiki Edit
It's a tough assignment and mostly thankless. Maybe I can get you some benefits via my Wikia contacts. If you still play WoW, I might be able to get you a Warlords of Draenor beta key. -- (talk · contr) 16 Jul 2014 10:28 AM Pacific