Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
To add an item that will have a tooltip to a chat line:
- Begin your chat (press Enter).
- Type the type of chat you want to do (
/2for trade channel, etc. plus space).
- Shift-click the item in your bags, mail, or elsewhere in chat. If the item name doesn't appear in brackets () you can't shift-click it.
You can also get tooltip links from places like Wowhead:
- Find an item like [Night Reaver] at Wowhead and click the "Link" button (usually at the upper right.
- Copy the line the popup window provides which will look like:
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Shift-click this to place a link into a chat message: \124cff0070dd\124Hitem:1318:0:0:0:0:0:0:0:0\124h[Night Reaver]\124h\124r");
- Switch back to World of Warcraft and paste the code into your chat window and press enter.
- You should be able to shift-click the link that appears into other chat windows.